Join one of Sydney's most versatile and trusted portfolio of Sports Venues as Pool Attendant at the Sydney Olympic Park Aquatic Centre. We are seeking a committed and enthusiastic individual who is versatile and flexible.
Casual rate $29.97 per hour + weekend penalty rates
Primary purpose of the role
The Pool Attendant (Lifeguard) is responsible for proactive supervision of all aquatic areas ensuring patron safety and first aid, emergency incident response procedures and efficient operation of the Aquatic Centre.
- Perform day to day operational requirements to ensure the Centre exhibits the highest standards of operations and pool safety.
- Monitor and manage the facilities and provide regular reports to the Pool Operations Supervisors.
- Respond to incidents requiring first aid treatment and complete paperwork where necessary.
- Ensure a positive relationship in all customer interactions whilst maintaining a professional and friendly manner to maximise customer satisfaction and retention.
- Liaise with other work areas and venues to provide and seek information relative to daily operations of the Centre.
- Provide assistance to patrons with regard to access and directions for use of the Centre and scheduled bookings and events.
- Ensuring that regular and proper maintenance of assets and facilities is carried out and maintaining sanitation and cleanliness of the Centre to required standards.
- Managing conflict situations where patron behaviour is contrary to the Centre’s conditions of use or entry requirements.
- Managing risk and safety of patrons, clients and tenants in a public venue.
Career progression opportunities exist for Casual Pool Attendants (Lifeguard) within the Aquatic Centre
There are two recruitment options available:
Option 1: Qualified Staff - For candidates who hold a current Pool Lifeguard Licence
We are offering people who currently hold a valid Royal Lifesaving NSW Pool Lifeguard Licence the opportunity to work as a Casual Pool Attendant at the Sydney Olympic Park Aquatic Centre.
Option 2: Training Package - For candidates who do not currently hold a Pool Lifeguard Licence*
We are offering the first 20 successful candidates the opportunity to become a qualified Pool Lifeguard and work at the Sydney Olympic Park Aquatic Centre through our Lifeguard Training Package. The successful candidates will be funded for a RLSSA Pool Lifeguard Certificate. After successfully obtaining a Statement of Attainment, the candidate will subsequently be offered employment as a Casual Pool Attendant (Lifeguard) at the Sydney Olympic Park Aquatic Centre.
*Terms and Conditions apply for the Training Package program
- Pool Lifeguard Award
- First Aid Certificate
- Current Provide/Perform CPR
- Working with Children / Working with Vulnerable People Check.
For further information or to apply for the position, please email your resume to [email protected].