Take your rubbish home
What can you do in the Park?
- Leave nothing behind. Don’t forget to take small, easy to miss items such as lolly wrappers and sticks, balloon strings, cutlery and straws.
- Put all rubbish in the bin, not next to it. If the bin is full, please find another bin.
- Check your seating area before you leave to make sure you take everything with you, or put it in a bin.
- If you see litter in the environment or about to enter the waterways, inform a Park Ranger.
- Wildlife can become trapped or entangled in litter. If you see any wildlife in distress, inform a Park Ranger.
How can you do it at home?
- Sort your rubbish into correct bins and make sure the lids are closed at night. This will keep the rubbish in, and everything else out.
- There is no need to put your recyclables in a plastic bag. Just toss them straight into the yellow bin.
- Volunteer with a community clean-up group or a environmental organisation to help clean up your local area.
- Look at alternatives to landfill - contact the council about a compost bin or worm farm.