Training entry prices
|Single entry fees|
|Child* & concession||$5.50|
|Spectator & coach||Free|
|Multi visit passes|
|25 visit passes||(valid 6 months)|
|50 visit passes||(valid 12 months)|
*Child is considered 4-15 years of age, children 3 years and under are free when accompanied by a full fee-paying adult.
About the venue
The Athletic Centre is part of the Authority's Sports Venues division, and involves the successful daily management of facilities to meet the competition and training needs of athletes and the recreational and fitness needs of the community, thereby contributing to the advancement of a healthy, social and cultural lifestyle for the people of NSW.
Sydney Olympic Park Athletic Centre opened in 1994 as an international world-class, multi-function venues was utilised as a competition venue for the Sydney 2000 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
Capital works update
The Athletic Centre has a number of large Capital Works projects taking place to better deliver the best athletics events in Australia.
These upgrades include:
- Lighting Tower Project: The North West and South West lighting towers will be upgraded to LED to match the completed North East and South East Towers. The grandstand under brow lights along the front straight along with the photo finish lights will also be upgraded to LED. Completion date - December 2023.
- HVAC: The Heating Ventilation & Air Conditioning project will see the entire system replaced including the plant and ducting across the whole Competition Arena. Completion date - December 2023.
- Videoboard: A brand new State-of-the-art Daktronics videoboard will be installed January 2024 using the existing frame with some modifications. Completion date - January 2024.
- Discus Cage Upgrade: A brand new Nordic Discus Cage will be installed at the Competition Arena in the coming months. The new cage will include a new circle and a slightly changed orientation to accommodate the structure. Completion date - March 2024.
- Seating Project: Over 4500 seats and frames will be upgraded over 3 years at the Competition Arena. The new seating will reflect best practice and include modifications for wheelchair access. Stage 1 including design and 2 central bays Completion date - May 2024.
- CCTV Project: Over 45 digital cameras are in operation across both Competition Arena and Warm Up Arena to provide better security and surveillance for the venues. Completion date - July 2024.
Accessible features at the Athletic Centre:
- Accessible viewing decks and seating
- Accessible toilets and change rooms
- Emergency evacuation procedure addressing disability needs
- Hearing loop
- Lift with tactile buttons
- Ramp access around concourse and to arena
- Reception desk and kiosk at an accessible height
- Staff trained to offer accessibility assistance
- Wheelchair accessible entry and exit
Athletics NSW is the recognised NSW State Sporting Organisation for athletics. Providing leadership and direction to clubs, athletes, coaches and officials ranging from a grassroots level through to elite athletes.
For more information visit www.nswathletics.org.au
Kings Sports store
Kings Sports Store is located at the Athletic Centre.
They offer a wide range of equipment and accessories for track and field athletics. Personal equipment for competition, training, or specialised items are available.
For more information or to contact the store visit www.ktf.com.au
Precision Athletica is located at the Athletic Centre.
It is Sydney's first private institute of sport and provides world-class assessment and training technology coupled with a highly skilled team to provide Australia’s emerging athletes with access to the training and support they need to advance their sporting career.
For a complimentary tour of the facility and for more information visit www.precisionathletica.com.au
Conditions of entry
- The Athletic Centre (the Venue) is a non-smoking venue
- Management reserves the right to refuse entry
- No pass-outs will be issued
- Anyone attempting to gain entry without paying or without authorisation will be prosecuted
- Patrons are not permitted to bring glass objects or alcohol into the Venue
- Abusive, disruptive or offensive behaviour and language are not permitted
- Persons causing a disturbance or refusing to comply with a directive from venue staff will be evicted from the venue
- Persons entering the playing area without authorisation will be liable to prosecution
- Children under the age of 10 years must be closely supervised by an adult (16+ years)
- The Venue caters for all food and beverage requirements. Commercial fast foods are not permitted
- Standing and storing of belongings on seats is not permitted
- The Venue accepts no responsibility for lost or stolen belongings
- Patrons are advised not to bring mobile phones, cameras or wallets to the Venue
- Cameras and mobile phones are not permitted in the change rooms
- Drones and aerial photography involving the Venue are strictly prohibited
- For the safety of all patrons, the Venue is under CCTV surveillance at all times
- No pets or animals permitted in the Venue, with the exception of guide dogs
- Venue staff are the only authorised representatives to conduct tours of the venue
- For track preservation and longevity, all athletes wearing spikes must use starting blocks in laned events up to and including 400m and the first runner of a relay. Masters athletes and Para athletes excluded.