Reduce the use of plastic bags
What can you do in the Park?
- Bring your own reusable bag to carry your lunch or picnic.
- Consider a picnic basket, or refrigerated backpack.
- Use reusable containers or beeswax wrap for your food or go nude! Try packing a nude lunch or picnic to share.
How can you do it at home?
- Use a reusable shopping bag, put a foldable tote in your handbag or car.
- Use your own reusable produce bag or container... or no bag at all!
- Use reusable containers or beeswax wrap for your food.
- Purchase larger packs of snacks, and pack them in small containers for “grab and go" snacks.
- Cut down on bin liners by using a compostable bag for the largest bin; line the smaller bins with newspaper (or go liner-free!) and consolidate all waste into large bag on bin night.