Pets in the Park
Enjoy quality time with your pets at Sydney Olympic Park.
Dogs in public spaces
Dogs play an important part in the lives of residents and visitors to Sydney Olympic Park and are very welcome to enjoy the open spaces and Parklands with their responsible owners.
We ask dog owners and professional walkers to be considerate of the environment and visitors with a few key points. When in a public space a responsible dog owner:
- Ensures their dog is registered & identifiable with a microchip and collar with tag
- Keeps their dog on a leash at all times (unless in a designated off leash area)
- Only walks between 1 to 4 dogs at one time
- Maintains effective control of their dog at all times
- Picks up their dog’s droppings and disposes of it in a rubbish bin
- Restrains their dog from swimming or paddling in ponds, lakes, water play or water features
- Observes signage to ensure they are not walking in areas dogs are restricted from being in
- Reports any roaming dogs to Sydney Olympic Park Authority Park Rangers on 0408 864 798 so lost dogs can be returned to their owners.
Natural habitats in the parklands
The Parklands includes many sensitive habitats, which are home to more than 250 species of native animals and over 400 species of native plants, including threatened species. For this reason, there are places within the Park where dogs are not permitted, including Badu Mangroves, the Brickpit Ring Walk and Newington Armory and areas within the Narawang Wetland.
Dogs must be kept on sealed pathways and away from wildlife habitat such as long grass, bushland, ponds, creeks and wetlands.
Off leash areas
You may let your dog run free in our off leash area behind P5 Car Park, Hill Road.
*If you know that your dog is not friendly toward people or other dogs, we request that you do not use the off leash area, and that you maintain a safe distance from all other dogs and people
Other local off leash areas are located at:
- Pierre De Coubertin Dog Park, Ave of Oceania, Newington
- Mcllwaine Park, Concord Road, Rhodes (before 9am and after 5pm only)
- Powells Creek Reserve, Conway Avenue, North Strathfield.