Sydney’s number one venue for regional, national and international sport and a variety of entertainment, corporate, community and leisure activities.
Monday to Friday: 8 am - 10 pm
Saturday and Sunday: 8 am - 9 pm
Public holidays: Closed
NSW Hall of Champions hours
Monday to Sunday: 9 am - 5 pm
Public holidays: Closed
Casual venue rates
|Casual venue rates (per hour)|
|Arena & Hall of Legends|
|Casual court hire*||$90|
|Gymnastics centre||1-10 people|
|Mon - Fri before 5pm||$62|
|Mon - Fri after 5pm||$77|
|Weekends and public holidays||$77|
*Includes basketball, indoor soccer, netball and volleyball.
About the venue
The Quaycentre is part of the Authority's Sports Venues division, and involves the successful daily management of facilities to meet the competition and training needs of athletes and the recreational and fitness needs of the community, thereby contributing to the advancement of a healthy, social and cultural lifestyle for the people of NSW.
Quaycentre is Sydney’s number one venue for regional, national and international sport and a venue for an almost unlimited variety of entertainment, corporate, community and leisure activities.
Quaycentre is home to the NSW Swifts and NSW Giants in Suncorp Super Netball.
Main arena floor update
Update 25 October 2023
Earlier in the year Quaycentre’s main arena floor unfortunately suffered some water damage. Whilst we were able to make the floor safe and continue on with some of our events and activities, the damage is substantial and has resulted in the floor needing to be replaced.
We are happy to confirm that we will be working with AURA SPORT commencing January 2024 on removing the damaged floor and replacing it with a new floor. However as a result, we are sorry to confirm that the main arena will be unavailable for between January - May 2024.
Our Hall of Legends remains open and our Events team will continue to work with our regular clients on rescheduling or looking at alternatives for the second half of 2024 and into 2025.
When complete, the new floor will retain all the current benefits and advantages we have been able to offer.
We look forward to your return on the new floor in May 2024.
Accessible features at the Quaycentre:
- Accessible toilets and change rooms
- Accessible viewing decks and seating
- Accessible parking
- Controls and switches at an accessible height
- Emergency evacuation procedure addressing disability needs
- Hearing loop
- PA system and large visual displays
- Ramp and handrail stage access
- Ramps and wheelchair access
- Reception desk at an accessible height
- Signage includes braille
- Staff trained to offer accessibility assistance
Opening hours: Weekdays 3 pm - 6:15 pm.
Subject to events and special arrangements.
Handily located within the Quaycentre you’ll find tasty sandwiches, fresh rolls, hot food, coffee and cold drinks. No need to leave the venue, simply recharge and refresh on-site!
NSW Weightlifting Association
The NSW Weightlifting Association is part of the NSW Institute of Sport.
The specialist services ensure that NSWIS athletes have access to leading edge coaching and sports technology. They also benefit from tailored support to help balance their elite sporting commitments with personal development and a career.
For more information call (02) 9746 8555 or email [email protected]
Conditions of entry
- Management reserves the right to refuse entry.
- Persons gaining unauthorised access to the facility may be liable for prosecution.
- Patrons who cause a disturbance, or refuse to comply with requests made by staff will be evicted from the facility.
- This facility is monitored by closed-circuit TV at all times.
- Smoking is permitted only in designated areas.
- Persons who bring valuables into the facility do so at their own risk.
- No animals permitted (guide dogs excepted).
- The use of mobile phones and cameras in toilets and change rooms is prohibited.
- Children must be closely supervised by an adult (18+ years).
- Checking procedures will apply to prevent persons possessing alcohol from entering/leaving the facility.
- Point and shoot cameras or SLR cameras with lenses (fixed or detachable) of 105mm focal length or greater will not be permitted in the facility. Professional photographers must seek permission before entering the facility. Management reserves the right to review/modify this based on the event/activity.
- The facility caters for all food and beverage requirements. Commercial fast food or eskies containing food are not permitted in the facility.
- Exits must be kept clear at all times.
- Risk Warning under Section 5M of the Civil Liability Act 2002: Players, spectators, officials and all other visitors are warned that the recreational activities undertaken in these Facilities involve the risk of injury.
Refusal to comply with these Conditions of Entry may result in removal from the Centre. The Conditions of Entry are subject to change without notice
Restricted and prohibited items
Management reserves the right to inspect/search bags brought into or out of the facility
The following items are not permitted to be brought into the facility:
- Glass objects
- Alcoholic beverages
- Laser pointers
- Knives or other dangerous weapons
- Recording devices (selected events only)
- Other similar items that have the potential to cause injury or nuisance.
All persons entering Quaycentre are advised that:
- They are entering licensed premises
- Intoxicated persons will not be permitted to enter
- Checking procedures will apply to prevent persons possessing liquor from entering
- Intoxicated persons will be removed from the premises
- It is an offence for minors to purchase and consume liquor
- It is an offence to purchase liquor for (or supply liquor to) minors
- Persons supplying liquor to minors will be reported to the Police and penalties apply under the Liquor Act 2007.