Sydney Olympic Park Aquatic Centre is seeking energetic and enthusiastic program staff to fill a number of positions in the Aquatic Programs Team.
Our swim school is one of the largest in New South Wales. With over 4000 students, we cater to the needs of all swimmers, ranging from babies through to the elite athletes. We offer a range of programs to meet the needs of the community.
Casual Rate - $28.82 per hour + super + weekend penalty rates
About the role
This role is responsible for the professional and world class delivery of Aquatic Programs:
- Infant Learn to Swim
- Preschool Learn to Swim
- School Age Learn to Swim
- Teenage and Adult Learn to Swim
- Non-Competitive Squads
- Schools Programs
- Birthday Parties
- Holiday Programs.
Join an organisation that is an industry leader in venue and leisure management. We are seeking Aquatics Program Instructor to be responsible for preparing and performing Aquatics Programs at Sydney Olympic Park Aquatic Centre with an exceptionally high standard of service.
You will have:
- Current Swimming Teaching of Swimming and Water Safety Qualifications (AUSTSWIM preferred)
- Additional Swimming Teaching Qualifications (desirable)
- Preschool Classes - Teacher of Infant and Preschool Aquatics
- Disability Classes - Teacher of Aquatics - Access and Inclusion
- Non Competitive Squads - Teacher of Towards Competitive Strokes
- Adult Classes - Teacher of Adults
- Current CPR/Resuscitation Certificate
- Current Working with Children Check
- Experience in recreation or aquatic customer service or programming (desirable).
- We offer a number of shifts, ranging between Monday - Friday (am and pm) and Saturday and Sunday (am).
- Provide flexible working hours
- All prerequisite qualifications must be maintained by the applicant on an ongoing basis
- This is a child-related position. You will be required to obtain a Working with Children Check (WWCC) clearance as a condition of employment. An application fee of $80 applies. For more information, visit the NSW Office of the Children’s Guardian website - kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au.
- Australian citizens or permanent residents are eligible to apply (supporting documentation required).
- Non-Australian citizens must hold, and continue to hold, the necessary visa and work permits appropriate to the employment.
Your application must include
- A cover letter of no more than 1 page outlining your suitability to the role
- An up to date resume/CV outlining experiences, qualifications and achievements. Please include at least 2 referees.
Aquatics Programs Supervisors – Sue Backhouse & Demi Katsiris
Email: [email protected]
More information: call 9714 7500
Our commitment to Diversity
The Planning, Industry and Environment Cluster strives to be an inclusive workplace for all people. We recognise that we operate in a diverse community and welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, culturally and linguistically diverse groups, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans, refugees and people with disability.