Site permits and operations

Types of approvals

View information on consents required for various types of developments. 

See details

Amusement devices

View information on amusement device approvals. 

See details


View information on filming at Sydney Olympic Park. 

See details

Application forms

You can download the relevant application form below. For more information contact Sydney Olympic Park Authority's Site Works and Development Coordinator on 02 9714 7422.

Work Permit
Road or Land Occupancy/Road Opening and Hoarding Permit Application 
Amusement Device Permit
Work and Truck Zone Permit
Filming and Photo Shoot Permit
Vehicle Permit Application Form
Guide to working in the Park



Operational fees and charges


Work permit

Any person planning to undertake works on Sydney Olympic Park land is required to submit a Work Permit Application Form. Work permits are required to ensure that all works across the precinct are conducted safely and coordinated.

All applications must be submitted 10 working days in advance with all supporting paperwork. Sydney Olympic Park Authority assesses requests based on the scope of work, time frames, traffic implications and other proposed activities such as events and other approved works.

There is no fee for a work permit to be issued, however, other fees may apply if other services are required, including hoarding, road openings or road occupancy. 

Premises managed by agents

ItemApplication feeRental feeBonds

A' Class Hoarding Permit

(Minimum 3 months rental) 


B' Class Hoarding Permit

(Minimum 3 months rental) 


Work Zone Permit

(Signage installation and removal at cost. Minimum 3 months rental) 


Truck Zone Permit  

(Signage installation and removal at cost. Minimum 3 months rental)


Road Occupancy Permit

Plant & Equipment

(Minimum 1 day rental) 

$145.15$16.57/lm/per lane/dayN/A

Road Occupancy Permit

Skip Bin

(Minimum 1 day rental)


Road opening permit

Road opening various 

$145.15N/ACost of restoration & ongoing maintenance for 12 months +GST*


Road closures

Any person requiring a road closure must contact Sydney Olympic Park Authority's Traffic & Transport Manager to discuss the proposal. The Authority will only approve a road closure if no alternative option is available, including lane closures.

If the concept for a road closure is supported by the Authority's Traffic & Transport Manager an application for a work permit must be submitted with all supporting documentation including an appropriate traffic control plan. This plan must be in accordance with the NSW Roads and Traffic Authority's Traffic Control at Work Site Manual.

The Authority may place additional conditions on any road closure including restriction of times closure can be implemented. This may include a requirement to work overnight before morning peak or after afternoon peak times.

A fee for road occupancy applies.