Students will examine some of the organisms living in the wetlands and the adaptations these organisms have.
Monday - Friday, 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
Sydney Olympic Park Education Centre, Bicentennial Park
$565 per class of up to 30 students
Bus drop-off area and all-day bus parking in P10f.
Update on 2024 education programs
We will no longer be delivering school excursion programs due to changes in our organisation. Our last programs will be delivered in June 2024.
About the excursion
Stage 3 students will explore the mangrove ecosystem and collect data to determine how this unique wetland has adapted to the intertidal estuarine environment.
Students will examine some of the organisms living in the wetlands and the structural and behavioural adaptations these organisms have that ensure their continued survival in the mangrove forest and adjacent mudflats.
- Students will use binoculars to closely observe the diverse species of waterbirds within the park and identify them based on their adaptations.
- Using scientific and geographic tools, students will conduct environmental monitoring of the mangrove environment and quadrat sampling of a living organism.
- Students will explore and sketch the adaptations of mangrove organisms that help them to live in such a harsh environment.
|ST3-1WS-S||Plans and conducts scientific investigations to answer testable questions, and collects and summarises data to communicate conclusions.|
|ST3-4LW-ST||Examines how the environment affects the growth, survival and adaptation of living things.|
|ST3-5LW-T||Explains how food and fibre are produced sustainably in managed environments for health and nutrition.|
|GE3-1||Describes the diverse features and characteristics of places and environments.|
|GE3-2||Explains interactions and connections between people, places and environments.|
|GE3-3||Compares and contrasts influences on the management of places and environments.|
|GE3-4||Acquires, processes and communicates geographical information using geographical tools for inquiry.|
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Histories and Cultures
- Asia & Australia’s Engagement with Asia